Playing table tennis is an entertaining activity that can boost both your physical and mental health.
However, what if you want to play this sport at home, but your house is not roomy enough?
The best table tennis conversion top will solve that problem.
This item will save a remarkable amount of space while still allowing you to enjoy playing table tennis. So check it out!
Best Ping Pong Table Conversion Top (Updated List)
How to Choose A Good Table Tennis Conversion Top – Buying guide
1. The thickness
Of course, the thicker a table is, the more durable it is.
A table that is slimmer than 15mm tends to be broken down soon.
However, any conversion top that is thicker than 38mm will be difficult to handle or carry around.
Therefore, we recommend the ideal range of thickness to be between 15mm and 38mm.
2. The dimension
The right size is simply decided by your personal needs and preferences.
The standard size is typically 9 x 5 feet, but you can buy something bigger or smaller if you want.
A ping pong conversion top is meant to save more space in your little house, so it should be compact and foldable.
Do not buy anything that cannot be folded or disassembled to minimize its size.
Pick a nearly or fully pre-assembled model will save you a lot of time and effort.
Avoid conversion tops that are too complicated and time-consuming to set up.
Your conversion top should come with felt or foam padding.
However, most products feature PVC or EVA foam padding to create a bouncy surface and protect the table from unexpected scratches.
6. Extra attachments
There are various types of additional attachments. Some of them may help to simplify the installation process while others will aid you to enjoy the game better.
Of course, you can buy them in another shop. But it is better to buy a full bundle, which is more time- and money-saving.
And sometimes, it may be challenging to buy an additional attachment that can suit the whole package well.
When you purchase a ping pong conversion top, some accessories such as nets, posts, rackets, and ping pong balls are usually included.
However, while some of them are not, beware that you ought not to buy nets and posts separately since they might not fit the tabletop.
Just like any other product, the ping pong conversion tops should be sold by reputable brands.
As we suggested above, you could put your trust in Joola, Lancaster, Martin Kilpatrick, Hathaway, Viper, or Stiga, etc.
One last thing you had better consider when you intend to buy something is its price.
If you do not intend to invest much in your hobby, a cheap option might be sufficient.
Vice versa, if you want to play ping pong professionally every day and have much money to spend, just opt for high-end choices.
The Best Table Tennis Conversion Top Reviews 
1. JOOLA Regulation Table Tennis Conversion Top with Foam Backing
- JOOLA - AN OLYMPIC TABLE TENNIS BRAND TRUSTED FOR 60+ YEARS: Launched...
- NO HASSLE, CONVENIENT QUICK SET-UP: Comes 99% pre-assembled and in...
- PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT: The JOOLA Table Tennis Conversion Top comes...
This high-quality conversion top delivers your ping pong the perfect levels of bounce, spin, and speed.
Its height also suits almost all billiard tables that are up to 9 feet long.
Nonetheless, when you do not use the item, you can fold it to minimize the size and store it anywhere quickly.
Plus, the full EFVA foam padding gives you peace of mind while playing on the table.
Play ping pong with all of your passion as you have no fear of getting hurt or scratching/damaging the tabletop.
This 99% pre-assembled table also includes a net set so that you can install it and start to play in minutes.
Overall, the JOOLA 11009 conversion top deserves to be among the best table tennis conversion top pool tables available in the current market.
Except for being heavy, it is nearly perfect for being affordable, easy to set up and has received numerous positive customer reviews.
- It is long enough to secure the billiards table underneath
- This regulation-sized table comes with a standard Net set and foam backing
- Reasonably priced
- Easy to install
- A bit heavy
2. Martin Kilpatrick Ping Pong Table for Billiard Table
- MARTIN KILPATRICK GAME TABLES - Convert your pool table to play ping...
- WARRANTY - This pool table topper has a 3 yr warranty unlike most ping...
- FOAM PROTECTION - Foam pads are included to protect your pool table...
This table is engineered to be convenient for any indoor games so users can set it up or store it away in a few steps.
The installation process will just take you a moment since the included connectors will join the two parts of the conversion top at ease.
To protect users as well as the table, there are extra rails and foam pads safeguarding around the edges.
These 1.5-inch protective rails will add more stability to the table as well.
Made with German engineering techniques and materials, the Martin Kilpatrick PT16B is very durable, and you can assure about its quality.
But this also brings about a downside as premium products are always expensive.
While there are more affordable choices in our list of the best pool table ping pong conversion top, you should pay a small fortune for high-end items if you can.
- The protective rails are removable and increase steadiness.
- Buyers are gifted a net set and cost post for free
- There are surface connectors for easy attachment
- Made from commercial-grade materials
- Inappropriate for casual users
- Very expensive
3. JOOLA Tetra – 4 Piece Ping Pong Table Top for Pool Table
- JOOLA - AN OLYMPIC TABLE TENNIS BRAND TRUSTED FOR 60+ YEARS: Launched...
- CONVERT ANY TABLE: Convert your billiard, air hockey, dining or picnic...
- COMPACT STORAGE: JOOLA Tetra's 4-piece Table Tennis Table hinge design...
The package comes with four pieces of convertible tabletop that enable you to turn any dining, billiard or even air hockey table into a ping pong table.
This 12-mm thick table has a hinged design for quick assembly and disassembly. Just fold it down, then you can put it behind your wardrobe or under your bed neatly.
Because the producer has pre-installed the item nearly completely, you just have to set up/clip the net when you start/finish playing.
In addition to the PVC lamination and underneath portion features foam pads, the surface is also built with solid particle board to deliver scratch-resistance performance as well as better longevity.
However, what we love most when playing ping pong on this tabletop is the superior bounce, which keeps us more active and the game more enjoyable.
A notable drawback is that many customers have complained about the recession issue with the hinge.
Therefore, do not touch it too many times if you really do not need to.
- Premium build quality.
- Separate halves.
- Easy installation.
- There might be a recession issue with the hinge.
4. Viper 3-in-1 Portable Table Tennis Top
- Trifold table top design allows maximum portability, you can play...
- Superior choice of materials allows the tabletop to be lightweight yet...
- Play your choice of games, the reverse side of the table tennis top...
The Viper 64-1006 has a fabulous colour and design that can function as beautiful ornamentation in your house.
Apart from the ping pong conversion top, when you open the box, you will also find essential accessories like a net, several table tennis balls, a post set, and two paddles.
With an affordable sum, you can buy an all-in-one package to play ping pong. Just order, receive and open the package, then enjoy the game. It’s simple as that.
If you are also keen on other indoor games, this tabletop can be utilized for many other exciting games such as checkers, backgammon, chess, and so on.
For your convenience, the tabletop features side pockets that can store attachments, rackets, or balls.
This is really a big bargain if you can take advantage of the bundle to play other games besides table tennis.
- This tabletop can be used for various purposes
- Straightforward assembly
- Suitable for both professional and new players
- The extra accessories are quite flimsy.
- The carrying case is poor-quality.
5. GamePoint Tables Table Tennis Conversion Top – Includes Net & Foam Backing
- DURABLY BUILT - The ping pong tabletop is a Beauty to Behold, Easy to...
- STABILITY - No, Scuffs or Scratches! The protective foam built in to...
- EXTENSIVE PRODUCT- This revolutionary ping pong tabletop is designed...
Personally, we like the plain beauty in the blue colour of the GamePoint Tables SZX-TT13. Of course, that’s not all of what it has to offer!
The ping pong conversion top has a standard dimension of 5×9 feet and is fully assembled beforehand.
So, anywhen you want to start a match, just unpack and set up the nets.
If you find the pressure on the net inappropriate, you can always use the tension adjustment feature to fine-tune the tension of the net.
Furthermore, with the convertibility into two smaller halves, the item can fit beneath your bed or even behind a drawer.
The layers of foam underneath the table help to prevent scratches and keep the top in place.
Then you can fit the conversion top in with any billiard table that is as high as up to 8 feet.
We tested the product, and it was compatible with virtually all common surfaces such as billiards, dining, or air hockey table.
Thereby, you can have endless fun with friends and family in your free time.
Although the table is rather heavy, that should not be a too big drawback for us to remove it from this list.
- Built to last
- Eye-catchy design
- Can be halved to minimize the size
- Somewhat heavy
6. Rally & Roar Indoor Table Tennis Conversion Top with Net Set
- READY, SET, ROAR! The R&R Tennis Table Converter Top is a convenient...
- EASY ASSEMBLY: Our indoor game equipment is user-friendly. Choose...
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: With professional-grade materials, the quality...
Are you seeking the best ping pong table conversion top for playing a match of table tennis just anytime you like?
If so, a product that can be assembled from two to four boards, such as the Rally and Roar TTT412_028P is exactly what you are looking for.
Whether it is the 4-panel or 2-panel model, you can still find it super user-friendly. Tie the included net on both posts. Done! Your table tennis game can start right now.
Additionally, the table is also the perfect combination of premier material and skilled workmanship that delivers the maximum solidity.
Also, the sleeky surface facilitates spectacular bounces to bring your game to a new level.
Given that your home does not have much space, the manufacturer designed the table to be foldable and stored without effort.
A big difference from the majority of other conversion tops in the market is its size of 9×5 feet.
As this is the regulated dimension of tables used in official tournaments, you can feel like you are taking part in a competition and play more professionally.
Now, play solo or in pairs. You choose. The Rally and Roar TTT412_028P can meet all of your expectations and even go beyond that.
- Appropriate for both novices and advanced players.
- Firm surface
- Easy to store
- Fairly overpriced
7. STIGA Duo Table Tennis Conversion Top
- Convert your Pool Table to a Table Tennis Table with Ease
- Fits 7-Foot and 8-Foot Pool Tables (And Some Air Hockey Tables)
- ½” Dark Green Top Supported by 30” Center-Mounted Steel Supports
The STIGA T814N can transform any type of pool table or some air hockey tables in your home into a full-function ping pong table.
Its assembly process is straightforward and time-saving, so you can freely use it to play indoor games every day.
With the 1/2-inch top, this is the ideal surface for you to play table tennis.
This surface is also supported by 30-inch center-mounted steel supports, so it gets the unparalleled steadiness that nothing can interfere with.
What’s more, around the rail are protective sponge rubber stripes that keep the top in place and prevent scratch between surfaces.
And to align the top properly, you can also take advantage of the side stripes.
One more thing that we appreciate is the post set and the 66-inch net coming along with the package.
Though we find the product quite worth its price for the value it provides, some customers still feel that it is not budget-friendly.
- World-class durability
- Can be folded and stored away easily
- Extra stability thanks to steel stiffeners
- Wide compatibility
- The price is not reasonable.
8. EastPoint Sports Foldable Table Tennis Conversion Top
The EastPoint Sports 1-1-33301-DS is one of the most marketable conversion tops in the current market owing to its premier storage facility.
Its smart structure consists of four foldable pieces, so the maximum width is sufficient to play any game while the minimum width will save a lot of space.
Owing to high-quality foam pads, the conversion top is optimally protected. No scratch or slip will happen to it.
If you are tired of assembling complicated components, this 100% pre-assembled tabletop is for you.
Last but not least, the set includes a post set and a steel net on each corner of the top. Hence, you do not have to worry about its construction quality.
Just buy and use it. This sleek ping pong conversion top is more durable than it may look.
- No need to assemble
- There are a steel net and a sleek post kit
- Official tournament size
- 4-piece hinged design
- A bit slim
9. Lancaster Foldable Indoor Table Top Tennis Set w/ Net & Post
This excellent conversion top from Lancaster Gaming Company boasts with quick and convenient use.
By the ability to convert almost all kitchen tables, billiards, or air hockey tables into a dedicated table for playing ping pong, it will save a lot of space in your house.
In spite of saving space, the item still features a full standard tournament size of 5 x 9 feet so that players will not miss any feature of the gameplay.
In other words, newbies can learn more advanced skills and professional players can express themselves more.
With the component of particleboard and a decent 0.5-inch thickness, the conversion top brings about premier sturdiness.
Under the table, there are cushion protection pads that will effectively alleviate scratches and slips between surfaces.
Even though the unit is engineered for indoor use, it is possible to bring it outdoors, install the included post set and clamp net to have some games on nice-weather days.
- Full-size table
- Wide compatibility
- Well-designed and sturdy
- Come with a post set and a clamp net
- Some customers claimed to receive defective products.
10. Hathaway Quick Set Conversion Table Tennis Top for Pool Tables
- PLAY LIKE A PRO – The Quick Set Conversion Top is regulation size at...
- THE PERFECT ADDITION – Save space in your game room and double your...
- COMPACT STORAGE – Two separate table halves consist of two pieces...
In the USA, Hathaway company is famous for manufacturing a range of fabulous products and impressive customer service.
And the Hathaway BG2323 is a shining proof for this.
It has a full size of 9-ft L x 5-ft W and comes with essential attachments including snap-in nets and posts.
You can land the top on any table, and the 0.5-inch thick PVC coated surface will do the rest to deliver superb bounce and speed for the ping pong.
Unlike most products in the market which feature only one or two hinges between the two halves, this one has up to four hinges to connect the two boards.
As such, users can fold it up or down effortlessly.
If you still worry about the quality control, there is a 180-day warranty from the producer.
Unfortunately, we found out that the felt pads and foam pads seemed to be not very useful, and there was no paddle included in the package.
- There are multiple hinges for easy folding
- Regulation-sized table
- Snap-in net
- Excellent customer service
- The felt pads and foam pads are not reliable
Table Tennis Conversion Top – FAQs
How to use a ping pong tabletop?
Step 1: Make sure the surface you will convert will fit the size of the conversion top.
Step 2: Place the conversion top on the existing table balanced.
Step 3: Attach the post and the net.
How to store a table tennis conversion top?
You should store it in a cool and dry place.
If your model is foldable or detachable, you should fold/detach it to save more space.
How to clean my set of conversion top?
Submerge the net in the mixture of water and vinegar for about 12 minutes. Then let it dry naturally.
After each ping pong match, wipe the tabletop with a piece of dry cloth. Use a non-abrasive cleaner if needed.
What are the dimensions of conversion tops in different cases?
Typically, the standard size for different types of players will be as follows:
– For hobbyists – 5m x 3.5m.
– For people who want to practice skills – 7m x 4.5m.
– For local tournaments – 9m x 5m.
– For national tournaments – 12m x 6m.
– For international competitions – 14m x 7m.
How to choose the right thickness of my ping pong table?
16mm – for those on a tight budget.
19mm – the standard thickness.
22mm – decent bounce, ideal for clubs.
25mm – premium choice.
In conclusion, the best table tennis conversion top should be one that is easy to use, space-saving, durable, and not too expensive.
You do not need to pay too much and feel annoyed to assemble the table every time you start to play a match of ping pong.
Use our top 10 recommendations as well as the comprehensive buying guide to find out your right choice.
Last update on 2021-07-24 at 06:13 UTC-8 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API - Details