When it comes to table tennis, the Harvard Sports Ping Pong table is always one of the top brands with outstanding quality and affordable prices.
Reality shows that a ping-pong table’s surface is essential because it determines the ball’s bounce and flight speed.
And the Harvard brand has always been in the trustworthy position of this quality standard.
Let’s find out more about the factors that drive this brand’s popularity through our Harvard Sports Ping Pong table review.
Quick Review of Harvard Ping Pong Table
Harvard Edge Ping Pong Table
“Its surface meets the international table tennis association’s high standard and offers a good user experience.”
- High standard surface material: Its surface meets the international table tennis association’s high standard and offers a good user experience.
- Portability: You can easily fold the tabletop and pull it away with the wheels underneath.
- Durability: It is designed for long-time use.
- Affordable price: This is the highlight of this desk compared to the competition.
- Lower bounce: The low thickness makes the ball bounce low and affects the quality of professional play.
Alternative Table Tennis Tables
Harvard Sports Ping Pong Table Review 2022
Features & Quality
As mentioned at the beginning of this article, the tabletop’s quality will largely determine the quality of the whole table.
Fortunately, if you’re going to buy this Harvard sports table tennis table, you’ll be able to rest assured of its smoothness.
The manufacturer almost makes no mistakes when making the tabletop with a high degree of perfection.
However, the ball’s bounce on the table is not that impressive, and you might consider buying it for practice rather than competition.
Also, the medium-density fiberboard (MDF) also makes it not ideal for professional play.
Divided into independent halves
This ping pong table Harvard can be divided into two separate halves, offering benefits and convenience.
For example, you could put half a table in the corner for a personalized practice session when there is no teammate available to play with.
Moreover, this splitting can also make it neat and much more comfortable to store.
Conventional table tennis tables are bulky and quite heavy, so when dividing them into two parts and folded, it can only fit into 21 ½ x 61¾ inches.
Besides, the safety lock latch system will keep the table fixed and not fall out of desire.
The chassis is sturdy and durable
The inner frame of the Harvard quick play ping pong table is relatively sturdy.
Its table legs are also 1.5 inches thick, providing a sense of safety and durability for players.
At the bottom, all four feet have a height adjustment to ensure balance for the table on different surfaces and integrated tips to minimize friction to scratch the floor surface.
Quick table assembly time
Unlike a regular table, which requires many people with many hours of labor to complete the installation.
Harvard ping pong table assembly instructions can save up to 90% of your effort with a reasonably easy installation.
It only takes about 15-20 minutes to get started in the first half.
This table can also be divided into two pieces and can be doubled in half to reduce the area. The table legs also automatically retract when you fold them in or out.
It is also equipped with a 3-inch wheel system to move from room to room quite quickly.
You are worried that it couldn’t be fixed? Then rest assured as the manufacturer has helped you design the locking system that comes with wheels.
Alternatives To Harvard Sports Ping Pong Table
Besides Harvard Sports Ping Pong table, JOOLA and STIGA brands also win the hearts of many customers because of their special features.
1. JOOLA Inside Table Tennis Table
- TOURNAMENT QUALITY AT HOME: Competition-grade 9x5 foot regulation size...
- NO HASSLE, QUICK SET-UP: Comes 95% pre-assembled, Assembly time NOW...
- PROFESSIONAL THICKNESS: Durable 1 inch (25 mm) thick MDF multi-layer...
JOOLA Inside table tennis table is a portable indoor table with a composite wood surface of 5/8 inch.
The table legs are steel and up to 1.5 inches thick, and the frame is painted against rust.
Though regarded as an inexpensive option, this JOOLA product is perfect for beginners to table tennis or those looking for a compact size table with home space to entertain young children.
- So easy to assemble
- Splits into two halves
- Strong steel undercarriage
- Corner protectors included
- Not the best surface
- Indoor table only
2. STIGA Advantage Table Tennis Table
- Competition-ready indoor table tennis table perfect for your home or...
- 10-minute QuickPlay design comes 95% preassembled out of the box for...
- Effortlessly roll and transport table halves using 3” lockable...
If you are looking for a versatile table with many outstanding table tennis features, STIGA Advantage is the right candidate.
So far, it has sold up to 2,000 3,000 5-star reviews on Amazon and is one of the most popular table tennis tables for export.
- Quick assembly
- Folds away
- Playback mode
- Net and posts included
- Bad tabletop surface
- Quite heavy
This article is for informational and educational purposes only.
We believe this Harvard brand’s desk has an excellent selection because of its convenience and popularity.
We hope that this post has provided you with the complete information to choose the most suitable table.
Thank you for reading!
- Best Table Tennis Conversion Top For Small Space
- Top 3 Wonderful Stiga Advantage Ping Pong Table Reviews
- How to choose the best table tennis net and post set?
- Are Table Tennis And Ping Pong The Same?
- Top 10 Best Table Tennis Shoes Reviews and Buying Guide
- How to Clean a Ping Pong Table: A Detailed Instruction
Last update on 2022-08-31 at 10:20 UTC-8 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API - Details