Aside from buying pre-made ping pong paddles, you should also be open to the option of building your own racket.
In the market, Butterfly blades have been quite reliable to most users, but let us go further to compare the Timo Boll ALC vs Zhang Jike ALC to give you the most suitable model for your build!
Quick Answer For Timo Boll ALC VS Zhang Jike ALC
Overall, Butterfly’s Zhang Jike ALC blades reign supreme in nearly all aspects of design and features.
The model is not perfect, but if you conduct a Zhang Jike blade review against its Timo companion, you’ll see a complete 180 in terms of handle comfort, stiffness, and consistency.
In terms of its scores, the Butterfly Zhang Jike ALC is better than its competitor in both Stiffness and Consistency.
These qualities make Zhang Jike ALC, and its line-mate Zhang Jike Super ALC suitable blades for professional offensive paddle builds.
It’s also worth noting that if you’re conducting a sole Butterfly Zhang Jike ALC review, the model in question, despite having a near-perfect score, isn’t even the best of its line.
On the contrary to that, while Timo Boll ALC doesn’t excel in the categories its companion does, the blade provides users with great Hardness for blocking and defending one’s field.
This makes Timo Boll ALC a pretty solid choice for defensive players.
Some might feel uncomfortable with Butterfly Zhang Jike ALC’s handle.
Its flared stature can be quite unaccommodating to untrained hands.
Therefore it is more suitable for intermediate and professional players.
Length-wise, after a careful Zhang Jike Blade review, you’ll notice that it’s quite short for its type (Zhang Jike Super ALC has a slightly longer handle).
But shorter handles, combined with its flared shape, make for a very easy-to-control blade.
Timo Boll ALC’s handle is stiff and straight.
As a result, it is very comfortable for new players and practice matches.
Now that we’ve reached the end of this review, let’s revise with a summary of this Timo Boll ALC vs Zhang Jike ALC comparison!
What Is The Best Thickness for a Ping Pong Table? Table Tennis 15mm vs 18mm
What Are The Common Violations In Table Tennis? – Basics To Know
Why Do Table Tennis Players Serve Weird? What’s The Reason?
Quick Rundown of Butterfly Timo Boll ALC
- The Butterfly Timo Boll ALC blade is a perfect marriage of speed,...
- Arylate-Carbon plies are softer than traditional carbon, allowing for...
- Designed for versatile spin play, players can flick and loop with...
- Very welcoming to new players
- Suitable for trying new techniques
- Provides great hardness scores
- Suitable for defensive playstyle
- Is not tournament-friendly
- Requires frequent check-ups due to low Stiffness score
Quick Review of Butterfly Zhang Jike ALC
- The Zhang Jike ALC is a high performance blade for attack-minded...
- The Arylate-Carbon plies blend show-stopping power with exceptional...
- This blade is ideal for players seeking to quickly switch from soft...
- Suitable for professional offensive players
- Flared handles
- Near-perfect ratings
- Great consistency and wood quality
- Pretty costly
- Quite challenging to try new techniques
At the end of this Timo Boll ALC vs Zhang Jike ALC comparison article, the latter model is much more valuable to competitive table tennis players in the field and is the model we recommend as well.
But it’s you who is going to work directly with the material, so revise this article if you need to work with the blades, and it will serve you well!